Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My Prayer for You and Yours

My travels in BlogLand have acquainted me with an educational concept that I can only WISH I had known when I was raising my three wonderful children! Charlotte Mason's name keeps popping up in Home Schooling posts. Everything I read re. her makes sense!

Her focus and deliberate activity was on bringing up children by training and nurturing them. The most important training would be in the Scriptures and teaching them to know and love God.

We AND our children are inspired by relationships. These relationships can be formed by the people we know, the books we read, the places we go, the things we do. We are not inspired to grow as a persons by studying for that multiple-choice test.

Charlotte believed that each day your child should have the following:

~Something or someone to love

~Something to do

~Something to think about

I pray daily for each of you--our fine children, and for the eight grandchildren of ours that you are building into! They are your most lasting legacy! And ours! And HIS!

No comments:

Post a Comment