Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Take Me Out to the Bakery

Take me out to the bake-ry;
Take me out to the town;
Buy me a donut and chocolate milk.
I don't care if they ever run out.
Oh, it's root, root, root for the donuts.
If they don't last it's a shame!
And it's one! Two! Three bites you're out
At the bak-er-y!
(A song we composed while sitting at a table at the Harlan Bakery)

With that done, the Gates Men headed out for 9 holes of golf.

After golf, Grandma and the two young Gates men headed for Grabill library. We picked up a lot of books for quiet times later....then we stopped at Grabill Park. When we got home, we went to Hicksville Park where Grandpa also played baseball with the Gates men.

Grabill and Hicksville Parks (Click on picture to enlarge)

After croquet, more catch, games (Stay Alive and Pig), lunch of strawberries and cheese nachos, we had root beer floats before settling down for a video (Pooh's Christmas Movie)and before reading some books and going to bed.

5 comments:

  1. I think I agree wholeheartedly!
    I think I could eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner in a bakery and be very, very happy!
    And I'd much rather be taken out to the Bakery than taken out to any Ballgame!
    'Hope the Gates Men enjoy themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby and I like that song a lot!!!
    Hope you are having a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute song! Love the lyrics...

    Oh, if only I could eat a donut. sigh. Perhaps it's a good thing I can't!

    Love the expresions on their eager faces! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning! I meandered here from Ann Voskamp's Holy Experience. Do you like her new blog design? I miss the clothespin photo, but the rest is nice.
    I LOVE your Take Me Out to the Bakery song... worth sharing with the world :)
    I also appreciated your post on journaling... I'm working on getting that back into my daily living. I used to have a wonderful devotional time in the morning...after kids went off to school and before I left for my part-time teaching job. Since I went full time (years ago now) my morning routine is so different---school starts at 7:30!
    Thanks for all your sharing*
    Boundless Blessings ~Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to look at all your grand-kid pics! How cute and what fun! I'm glad you could enjoy them for a short time.

    ReplyDelete