Sunday, September 13, 2009

How We Spent Saturday















We found a lovely neighborhood in New Haven IN in which to walk this morning.  On the way home, we went back to a garage sale we'd visited on Wednesday.  The tall, center shelf unit was still there.  So Gary borrowed a pickup truck and hauled it home.  We arranged several shelves we already had this way.  Then I made curtains to keep out the dust.  I used sheets I'd found in a box of freebies by the side of the road several weeks ago.  They give this wall of the garage a coordinated look, don't you think?

Michael and Barb G. also stopped in, so we took a break and had a very nice visit with them before returning to finish the garage project.  Gary mowed the lawn in the evening.

3 comments:

  1. Fun and productive! It sounds like a perfect day to me!
    I love the idea of the curtains, it looks great, and it certainly was thrifty!
    Great job, Rebecca!
    Great post! I enjoyed it very much!
    All the best,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun--great use of the curtains. There can never be too many closets/places to keep thifty things.

    What fun to visit also with Michal and Barb. I have been spelling his name wrong, I think forever until I saw it today. I am sure that Andy would love to talk to Ryan about Duke.

    I love hearing from you. Your blogging has been so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it! This looks really nice mom- good idea- and thrifty! You can't beat that! You're doing such a great job on updating your blogs! I'm really impressed!

    ReplyDelete